Primary Focus: Information Technology / Systems Administration
Position Type: Full Time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple complex tasks, with tight deadlines concurrently
- Demonstrate ability to perform well in a dynamic environment, with on-time delivery
- Demonstrate ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
- Demonstrate ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
- Ability to follow and adhere to policies, procedures and standards relating to network and systems management
- Prepare detailed build/test plans to implement new technologies and configurations
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
- Ability and willingness to work a 24×7 on-call rotation schedule
- Expert Knowledge in diagnosing end user computer and network related issues.
- Working knowledge of VMware vSphere 4 and 5 implementation, administration, maintenance, and support of VMware ESX and vCenter
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Able to install, maintain, and troubleshoot Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server, Terminal Services and Windows Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of IP Routing and the TCP/IP stack.
- Experience with disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP and 7.
- Expert in end user computing diagnostics.
- Advanced trouble shooting capabilities, and root cause analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or engineering or equivalent work experience required. Microsoft MCITP or equivalent preferred.
Go West IT constantly seeks to augment our existing knowledge base and skill sets. In addition to what we consider baseline skills we are particularly interested in acquiring individuals who also possess Mac and Linux skill sets.