Follow FBI Guidance re: Business Cybersecurity
Today the FBI issued a renewed Public Service Announcement (PSA) warning to businesses regarding cyber crime, and more specifically ransomware risk. If you are not taking action, you are going backward. All businesses should be regularly reviewing their cybersecurity posture and seeking to make incremental improvements. Start making improvements today and use the FBI’s PSA as a blueprint.
The PSA can be found at https://www.ic3.gov/media/2019/191002.aspx.
Cyber defense best practices include:
- Regularly back up your data and verify backup integrity.
- Focus on awareness and training for employees.
- Patch your operating systems, software, and firmware on devices.
- Ensure antivirus and anti-malware is in use on all devices and routinely updated.
- Implement access controls to limit access based on the principle of least access required to limit potential impact/spread of an attack.
More best practices are listed in the FBI’s PSA. Go West IT helps businesses do all of these things and more every day. The choice is yours, stand still and go backward or choose to mitigate the known risk to your business.
Please reach out to Go West IT if you have any concerns for your business.
– Go West IT